We have heard it from our parents since we were little kids, “Stand up straight!” Turns out, their advice was very smart for many reasons. Proper posture takes pressure off your lower back, helping keep you pain free. You look taller and slimmer when you stand up straight. You exude confidence and high self esteem because you look more sure of yourself and powerful.
Implement these few simple moves into your routine, and you’ll be sure to reap the rewards.
Perform the entire routine 3-5 times.
Opposite Arm/Leg Extension:
1. Come onto your hands and knees with wrists under shoulders and knees under hips. Extend right arm up to shoulder height and left leg up to hip height.
2. Engage core and glutes the entire time. Reach as far out as possible through the finger tips, keeping gaze toward the floor.
3. Hold 30 seconds each side.
1. Hold a set of 3-5 pound dumbbells. Bend knees shift hips back and bring torso close to parallel with the floor.
2. Turn palms to face forward and lift weights up to shoulder height. Drop shoulder blades down as you lift arms up. Come back to center and repeat.
3. Perform 15 reps.
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width. Bend knees, shift hips back and lower down so thighs are close to parallel with the ground.
2. Bring arms overhead with palms facing one another. Draw shoulders away from ears. Keep chest lifted and knees behind the toes.
3. Hold for 30 seconds- 1 minute.