Challenge: How do I get flat abs if I do not want to deprive myself?
Solution: Stick to the best food substitutions and you will notice significant changes in no time!
If you are like me when it comes to food, you may not be able to just eat half your dish. I am usually finishing everything on my plate and then eating the leftovers from another person’s dish. This can get to be an issue for my waistline and definitely does not equate to the flat abs I always want to rock. Fortunately, there is no reason to be deprived when it comes to chowing down.
All you need to do is make a few simple substitutions and you will not only enjoy what you are eating but you will also burn fat, build lean muscle and reduce overall calorie/sugar intake.
Make these substitutions and you should soon see noticeable changes in your overall physique, especially your stomach. Go girl!!
- Eliminate: White/Wheat Bread- raises blood sugar and helps body store fat.
TRY: Ezekiel Bread- made from sprouted grains and contains all 18 amino acids. Serves as a complete protein and gluten free.
- Eliminate: Dried Fruit- high in sugar and low in fiber.
Try: Real Fruit- You will get the sweet taste with all the nutrients, water and fiber.
- Eliminate: Sugary Drinks- liquid calories that will go straight to your waist line.
TRY: Green Tea- High in antioxidants and boosts energy without the crash.
- Eliminate: Pre Packaged Salad Dressings- Typically high in artificial ingredients and loaded with sugar (unless you seek out the natural dressings)
TRY: Olive oil, vinegar, pesto (not too much), lemon- all nutrient dense and satisfying.
- Eliminate: Packaged food (pretzels, cookies, etc.)- Easy to overeat. High in salt, fat and artificial ingredients.
TRY: Apples and almond butter. Loaded with fiber to keep you satisfied and essential beauty boosting
components like vitamin E. Keeps blood sugar stable and helps body burn fat.
For a few simple exercises for flat abs, check out- http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/abs-workout-secret-formula-flat-stomach