Challenge: How do I eat dessert often, but still stay lean?
Solution: Make the paleo, vegan, gluten free, delicious and nutritious chocolate chip cookies!
I am a dessert lover! I’d go so far to say I have a slight sweets problem. Every night after dinner I think, what am I going to have for dessert? No matter how much I ate at dinner, no matter the size of the meal, I always have room for dessert.
Unfortunately, my habit can lead to unwanted pounds. Even though we know this result, it’s still difficult to resist the dessert temptations. The key is to make a substitute rather than cut it out all together. If we try to avoid it completely, we are likely to fall off the track at some point and go totally nuts on a half of a cheesecake.
Instead of deprivation go for healthy satisfaction. Try these guilt free, nutrient dense chocolate chip cookies. I have tried many different variations of these treats, and finally found the perfect balance of sweet, salty, gooey, crispy and absolutely delish. The ingredients are loaded with nutrients. The healthy fat in the cookies will help stabilize blood sugar and even improve your complexion!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or grass-fed organic butter
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teasooon sea salt
- stevia (add and taste as you go)
- Dark chocolate (70% or higher- slice the chocolate bar into small cubes to serve as chips).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl. Add the coconut oil.
- Slice the dark chocolate into small cubes and add to batter.
- Form small circles of dough on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.