Whether you are rocking skinny jeans, a LBD or a bikini, it always looks better with a bodacious butt. I know I always feel more confident and sexy when I spend the time in the gym toning up my backside.
The exercises in this workout target your glutes and hamstrings, which will give you that nice lift and firm behind that turn heads. Try to incorporate the workout into your weekly routine, ideally 3-4 times per week.
Equipment: You will need a kettle bell and a mat.
How it works: Perform the entire routine four times. Once you have completed the first set, rest for 30 seconds then repeat.
Kettle Bell Swings
- Stand with feet hip width apart, keeping a slight bend in your knees. Hold kettle bell in your centerline with arms extended straight.
- Shift hips back as you bring torso close to parallel with the floor.
- Explosively drive hips forward as you bring the kettle bell up to chest height. Make sure you never round your back and always keep core engaged. Repeat entire movement and a controlled pace.
Single Leg Deadlift
- Place all weight into right foot. Hold the kettle bell in left hand. Slightly bend right knee and hinge forward at hips. As you bring chest close to parallel with the floor, kick your left leg back and up.
- Engage glutes and core the entire time. Keep shoulder blades drawn toward eachother. Press through the foot, lift your chest and come back to standing.
- Perform 10 reps on one side and then switch.
- Lie on your back with feet hip-width apart. Hold kettle bell in place on your hips. Engage glutes and lift hips toward the sky.
- Lower back down to the ground and repeat movement. Maintain a long spine and a strong core the entire time.
Side Angle Leg Lifts
- Come onto hands and knees. Bring right forearm parallel with the front of your mat. Lift left leg up to hip-height.
- Extend left arm directly above shoulder. Begin to lift and lower you leg an inch. After you have performed 30-40 reps, switch sides.
- Place all the weight onto right foot. Lift left leg off the ground and point toes. Extend the leg out as far as possible, keeping leg straight the entire time.
- Engage the glutes as you lift your leg up an inch, then down an inch. Keep core engaged and chin parallel with the ground. Perform 40 reps each side.
Now that you have completed the killer workout above, it’s time to refuel your muscles (an essential part of staying lean). If you are short on time, down a quick shake that combines complex carbs and quality protein. Better yet, enjoy a meal that combines complex carbs (sweet potatoes, veggies, quinoa), complete protein (organic eggs, wild caught fish, grass-fed meat) and healthy fat (avocado, nuts, coconut oil).