Autumn is the perfect time to try new recipes and develop a culinary side you may have thought you never had. Since the days are getting shorter and the evenings are rather dark, it’s a great opportunity to cook up a storm. I have had my share of calamities in the kitchen, everything from leaving cookies in the oven for 45 minutes to making pesto for 10 guests and forgetting the basil. These experiences could have been disastrous but I have always found the best way to make up for it is more wine. You can never go wrong! Cooking should be an enjoyable experience with no pressure. The kitchen should not be a place to strive for perfection, rather a place to get creative, step out of your comfort zone and laugh at anything and everything.
I’ve put together a list of some of this seasons delicious and healthy recipes. These chefs know how it’s done. The dishes they’ve developed are delectable and good for the waistline! The recipes do not require hours in the kitchen or previous cooking experience. I find the best way to go about making a recipe is buying the ingredients the day before. Just in case you forgot anything, you will have plenty of time to grab it and you will not be rushed. I’ve include Paleo, vegan, gluten free and vegetarian recipes so everyone will be able to find something that suits their fancy. Enjoy!!
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies: http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/10/10/carrot-cake-oatmeal-cookies/
- Protein Pumpkin Pancakes: http://fit-fun-delish.com/2012/10/protein-pumpkin-pancakes.html
- Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls: http://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/2014/09/24/spaghetti-squash-burrito-bowls/
- Spinach salad with roasted butternut squash, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/baby-spinach-salad-with-honey-roasted.html
- Hearty Vegetable Curry: http://www.cookinglight.com/food/in-season/fall-recipes/vegetable-curry-fall-recipes
- Sweet potato and black bean chili: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-potato—black-bean-chili
- Butternut Squash Quinoa with Kale, Cranberries, Walnuts and Goat Cheese: http://www.stuckonsweet.com/butternut-squash-quinoa-kale-cranberries-walnuts-goat-cheese/
- Skinny Pumpkin Bread http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2013/09/23/skinny-pumpkin-bread/
- Zucchini and Chickpea Tagine: http://herbivoracious.com/2012/08/zucchini-chickpea-tagine-recipe.html
10. Autumn arugula salad with caramelized squash and pomegranate ginger vinaigrette: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/10/autumn-arugula-salad/
For additional recipes, workouts and more please follow me on Twitter- www.twitter.com/noratobin